Good Evening Ghouls and Ghulah’s!
We’ve been a little quiet over the past couple of weeks as we have been absolutely manic; we’ve been making, packaging and shipping loads of orders to all corners of the UK. We’ve received some lovely feedback and have some very exciting things in the pipeline for you all.
However, it’s almost upon us…one of our favourite times of year here at SG!! HALLOWEEN!! Although things have been crackers we have taken some time out to carve our yearly pumpkins (Amy’s favourite past time), this year we did a signature scary one but also decided to have a whirl at some unique SG ones. What do you guys think?
If you’re wanting to give pumpkin carving a whirl this All Hallows Eve, here are a couple of hints and tips below -
- Preparation is everything! Before starting your pumpkin give it a good wipe down with a damp cloth to remove any dirt that may be on them.
- When cutting your initial ‘carving hole’ try cutting it at the bottom of the pumpkin so you don’t have to worry about the top caving in on your tea light.
- The right tools are essential, gone are the days of tackling the inside of the pumpkin with a spoon! You can get some great value pumpkin carving kits from local supermarkets which contain a pumpkin scooper with a slightly sharper edge for cutting through the pulp. They usually come with a couple of little saws too which are much easier for cutting than your standard kitchen knife.
- Designs!! Now this is where the real fun begins. You can either delve in and free hand it or… find a design you like online and print it off. There are hundreds of free ones online.
- If you go for a printed design, stick it on your pumpkin and literally prick the outline of your design using a ballpoint pen. Once you’ve completed it, take the paper away and you will have an outline to follow with your saw. Literally like a dot to dot!
Competition Alert -
If you fancy trying your hand at an SG one, we have included our logos below. Share your pumpkins with us on our Instagram, Facebook or on our email address! Best one will win a prize!
We can't wait to see your creations, have an amazing Halloween!
Lots of Love,
The Sissie Green Sisters x